Thursday 15 March 2012

Review: Paper Towns

Book: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
Publication: October 2008
Pages: 305

Summary (From Good Reads):

When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night—dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows her. Margo’s always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she’s always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they’re for Q.
My Thoughts:

I admit I was a bit cautious about reading this book. Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars had both affected me deeply in a way that only certain books can. Part of me just wanted it to be crap so I wouldn't get drawn into the characters, wouldn't care if anything happened them.
Well wasn't that a fail.
I personally think that one of John Green's biggest talents in writing are his characters. He makes characters so unbelievably realistic that I have fallen in love with every single boy in his books. Take Quentin for instance, who is our hero in this book, he felt so real to me that I half expected to see him somewhere, at school tomorrow or on the street. Green's characters are just out of this world.
Also the plot of Paper Towns, I thought that the beginning bit was so gripping and exciting it made me wish I'd be brave enough to do those sort of things. I admired Quentin's determination to find the true Margo, he was such a lovely character!
I loved the ending super bad. I thought it was perfect for the story.
There's not much I can say in this review without giving away things, and I certainly don't want to do that. You need to read this book. It's not just about finding someone, it's about growing up, letting go, realising the beauty of things and thinking if you ever truly know a person

Food Rating: 4/5
Page Rating: 7/8



No comments:

Post a Comment